Sunday 8 June 2014

My Liege of Dark Haven - Book #3 in the Mountain Master & Dark Haven series by Cherise Sinclair - 3 STARS

My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair
Three not as good as it could be sir stars
Blurb - Threatened by university cutbacks, Professor Abigail Bern’s only hope is to publish a provocative research paper--soon. Planning to covertly observe behaviour in the notorious Dark Haven BDSM club, she takes a receptionist job. When the owner calls upon her to assist in a demonstration, she’s appalled. Then fascinated. Under the unyielding hands of the master known as my Liege, she discovers a need to be more than an observer.

His late wife had been the center of his life, and Xavier Leduc wants no other. But when his new receptionist does her utmost to keep an emotional distance from him, he’s intrigued and digs deeper. She’s adorable. Intriguingly intelligent, beautifully submissive, sweetly vulnerable. He soon realizes her defences are keeping her on the fringe of her sexuality--and her life. As he draws her into fuller participation, she unconsciously does the same for him. She begins to fill his world.
Ever since the night she met my Liege Xavier, Abby has questioned everything she believes about herself. She’s falling for the stern owner of Dark Haven and thinks he’s beginning to care for her...until the day he learns why she’s in his club.
My Liege of Dark Haven is book #3 in the Mountain Masters & Dark Haven series by Cherise Sinclair. This author has also written the brilliant Club Shadowlands Series and I have read the lot.
Ok so these books are seriously BDSM kinky so if that doesn’t float your boat then this is probably not for you, if it does that what do you say....’Yes My Liege’
So the good bits....
·         Xavier, he s a Dom but he’s not a complete asshole for me this is a refreshing change I liked him.
·         The enforcer!!! He’s brilliant I think he’s meant to be scary but just made me giggle.
·         The community, like in so many BDSM books the people who are in the lifestyle are really a group of extended family and friends. It definitely humanises a part of society not everyone is comfortable with.
The not so good bits...
·         Nathan, what an absolute asshole I hated him!!!
·         Jenae what a bitch!!
Ok so let’s get right to it, this book has a lot of smut but to be honest there isn’t that much sex lol. This book feels a bit like the dom/sub’s self help guide to expressing your emotions.
I liked Abby and Xavier they had some chemistry but for me their sex scenes lacked passion. Now don’t get me wrong the sex was heavy on kink just not really that sexy.
I love the club community and Dixon made me chuckle every time he appeared.
The dom/sub war games were hilarious, especially that he painted targets on her lol.
To be honest I’m struggling with this review, I don’t have a lot to say about this book which is odd for me lol.
It was ok but I wasn’t squirming in my seat like I would have hoped for this kind of book. I think to be honest it’s because I wasn’t routing for Abby & Xavier although they were attracted to each other, they weren’t ‘OMG my life will fall apart without them’ mad.
I didn’t particularly like Abby she was a bit too meek and I needed her to have some more spirit. I definitely engaged with Xavier more but even then he wouldn’t be my book boyfriend cup of tea.
Overall this book does what it says on the tin, it’s a kinky romance but I have definitely read books I engaged with more and for me this book fell a bit flat L

0 comments :