Wednesday 28 May 2014

The King - Book # 12 In The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward - 5 STARS!!!

The King by J.R. Ward

Five Amazing im a fangirl stars!!!
Blurb - Long live the King…

After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.

Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.
The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?
The King is book #12 in The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward.
I should start by admitting I am a huge fangirl for this series, I discovered this series when the first eleven books were available and I read them all in a marathon Vampire fest!!! I waited not very patiently for The King to be released and since then it has sat in my ereader waiting for me to start it. To be honest I have put off reading it, I loved the first eleven books and I think I was worried that after having such a big gap since I read book #11 I would not enjoy this book as much.
Thank god I was wrong!!! This book is amazing, I loved it soooo much.
The best bits....
·         Wrath has always been one of my favourite characters and it was so fab to have another book focused on him and Beth.
·         The shadows, we get so much more insight into Trez and iAm in this book I can’t wait for their book now!
·         I’m so glad I still love this series!!
The only bad bit...
·         I am completely hooked on this series and characters but now I’m gutted that I have to wait again for the next book to come out L
Fangirl moment again, this book was brilliant, I love the characters it’s definitely an ensemble cast with so many characters now.
Wrath and Beth are such a lovely couple and to be honest since the first book they have been in the background of each book but never the focus. It was so nice to get a look at not only their relationship but also Wrath as the king.
The get to have a baby!!! Sooo cute and LW bless everyone is having babies in this series at the moment.
This book reminded me that there are so many characters left that need their stories told, obviously the shadows are next but I need Lasiter, Assail and Saxton to get their happy endings too.
Whilst I’m thinking about it Sola & Assail OMG I love them she has managed to turn Assail the stoic drug lord into a loved up marshmallow!! I need to find out what happens to them.
I loved that Wrath really becomes the King in this book; he really steps up and embraces the role. J.R. Ward obviously lives and breathes these characters because they are so developed. It’s amazing that she can have a cast of characters as large as the ones in the BDB series and each are so unique and well rounded.
This book has answered as few questions but leaves so many more unanswered in its wake, the potential for more books is endless.
I like the fact that this book was duel POV it was nice to get sneak peeks into the characters lives but still having Wrath and Beth as the main story.
Layla and Xcor WTF there was chemistry in the previous books but I’m not sure how this is going to work, I like Layla she needs a deserving happy ending she is always so lonely.
The King gives up his throne then gets elected by his people to rule as king it’s like the circle of life I love it.
John Matthew is going to have to get another book soon, I have no idea how it’s going to work with the whole John Matthew but actually Darius thing, but I can’t wait to find out.
I love this series, I loved this book and I cannot wait for the next book!!!

0 comments :