Monday 21 July 2014

Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young - On Dublin Street #3 - 3.5 Stars

Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
 
3.5 Cute stars
Blurb - One simple lesson in seduction between two friends can turn into so much more…

Despite her outgoing demeanour Olivia is painfully insecure around the opposite sex—usually; she can’t get up the nerve to approach guys she’s interested in. But moving to Edinburgh has given her a new start, and, after she develops a crush on a sexy postgrad, she decides it’s time to push past her fears and go after what she wants.

Nate Sawyer is a gorgeous player who never commits, but to his close friends, he’s as loyal as they come. So when Olivia turns to him with her relationship woes, he offers to instruct her in the art of flirting and to help her become more sexually confident.

The friendly education in seduction soon grows into an intense and hot romance. But then Nate’s past and commitment issues rear their ugly heads, and Olivia is left broken-hearted. When Nate realizes he’s made the biggest mistake of his life, he will have to work harder than he ever has before to entice his best friend into falling back in love with him—or he may lose her forever…
Before Jamaica Lane is book #3 in the On Dublin Street Series, I’ve read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them.
Ok so the good bits...
·         I love Olivia she reminds me a bit of Bridget Jones.
·         Nate, Nate, Nate hmmm sexy, and a bit tortured yum.
·         I love the sex lessons lol.
And the not so good bits
·         Although I liked Olivia in places she was a bit mean!!
·         Nate was a bit of an arse at times too!
I liked Before Jamaica Lane it’s a cute love story with cute characters.
Olivia is a sweetie and I found her lack of self confidence endearing, I loved her and Nate’s easy friendship. But I thought it was genius for her to ask a major player how to seduce men lol.
I enjoyed the Grease like transformation of Olivia from conservative librarian to vamped up sex kitten. But is it mean that I would have liked her to torture Nate by going out with a few more men!!
I loved that Nate had a dirty mouth and the sex scenes were sexy and not awkward. I’m not sure I felt the chemistry between Nate & Olivia I mean they were obviously attracted to each other but for me they didn’t spark with sexual tension.
Nate, I liked him he had an edge of tragedy to him but in places he was just a bit of a dick to Olivia.
Now don’t get me wrong brooding dark souls are all good especially ripped sexy ones like Nate but I like the journey from player to love struck and I didn’t really feel it in this book.
The sex lessons were genius and I literally laughed out loud at the flirting lesson.
The On Dublin Street series has a large group of characters and although each book focuses on a particular couple it’s still nice to see what’s going on with the others.
I love how much we see of Hannah & Cole in this book and I’m hoping that they will each get their own books too.
This is a cute book with a cute storyline I enjoyed it but I didn’t love it so it gets a 3.5 stars from me.

0 comments :