Tuesday 26 August 2014

Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker - Ten Tiny Breaths #4 - 4.5 Stars

Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker

4.5 Paintballs hurt stars
Blurb - Purple-haired, sharp-tongued Reese MacKay knows all about making the wrong choice; she’s made plenty of them in her twenty-odd-years. So when her impulsive, short-lived marriage ends in heartbreak, she decides it’s time for a change. She moves to Miami with the intention of hitting reset on her irresponsible life, and she does quite well…aside from an epically humiliating one-night stand in Cancun with a hot blond bouncer named Ben. Thank God she can get on a plane and leave that mistake behind her.

Football scholarship and frat parties with hot chicks? Part of charmer Ben Morris’s plan. Blown knee that kills any hope of a professional football career? So not part of the plan. Luckily Ben has brains to go with his knockout looks and magnetism. After three long years of balancing law school with his job as a bouncer at Penny’s Palace, he’s ready to lead a more mature life—until his first day of work, when he finds himself in the office of that crazy, hot chick he met in Cancun. The one he hasn’t stopped thinking about.

If Ben truly were a smart guy, he’d stay clear of Reese. She’s the boss’s stepdaughter and it’s been made very clear that office romances are grounds for dismissal. Plus, rumor has it she’s trouble. The only problem is, he likes trouble, especially when it’s so good-looking…



Five Ways to Fall is book #4 in the Ten Tiny Breaths Series, I love this author and this series and I have high expectations for this book.

I love Reece she has no filter and is a tiny bit evil!!

K.A. Tucker always makes her characters a bit raw and rough around the edges and that’s definitely part of Reece’s charm. People may see her as a bitch and she is but what’s wrong with that!!!

The list of her crimes and misdemeanours had me chuckling every time it was mentioned and in general I really engaged with her character.

I loved how after meeting Ben her character changed and mellowed the snarky one liners gradually changed into witty banter and I loved the sarcasm!!!

Ben, Ben, Ben I kinda loved him in Ten Tiny Breaths the first book  in this series I think I overlooked him because well Trent!! Nuff said.

Having read Five Ways To Fall I honestly don’t know why I wasn’t drawn to him before. From the first time his character opened his mouth I fell a little bit in love with him!!

He is incredibly arrogant but like Reece his flaws and annoying qualities actually make him endearing and suck you in till you are wearing t-shirts and flying the flag for Team Ben!!

The boy calls his mother Mama LOL!!! I should be cringing and having ‘Waterboy’ and ‘Forest Gump’ flashbacks but I’m not, I’m a puddle of sentimental mush going arrrrr.

I love the way Reece & Ben talk to each other all of the back and forth and teasing feels like silly foreplay. The sexual chemistry is literally off the charts between them.

I’m sure I won’t be alone in saying I HATE Jared!!! What a douche bag!!

I was laughing out loud when Reece & Ben attack Jared & Caroline with paintballs whilst they are having a bit lol. That’s Karma right there lol.


I loved this book it was silly, witty and generally brilliant 4.5 stars

0 comments :