Wednesday 3 September 2014

Dare You To by Katie McGarry - Pushing The Limits #2 - 4 Stars!!

Dare You To by Katie McGarry


4 Full of Attitude Stars
Blurb - If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...



Dare You To is book #2 in the Pushing the Limits series, I read and loved the first book in the series Pushing The Limits here’s a link to my review.

I will be honest and say I did not like Beth at all in the first book I thought she was a bitch with a serious attitude problem.

How do I feel now well she’s definitely a bitch with a massive attitude problem but I engaged with her character enough to not care lol

I love that she is strong and resilient but once she connects with Ryan we see a much more insecure and peaceful Beth.

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan at first glance he comes across like a dick, he is very young and naive and acts very much like you would expect a 17yr old boy to behave, but I really liked his character. He acted his age and he made Beth remember that she is a teenager too.

I this Katie McGarry did a great job at highlighting how different Ryan & Beth are and why. Beth has lived an awful life surrounded by drugs, violence and poverty, while Ryan lived a seemingly charmed life in a nice area with supportive parents.

This book shows that you can’t judge a book by its cover, Ryan’s home life may appear perfect but his parents are a nightmare!!!

How Ryan only ends up punching his dad once in this book is a miracle!!!

His mom is just as bad I actually feel like they were worse than Beth’s mom at least she was openly a mess, Ryan’s family acted like the perfect family in public but fell apart in private.

I feel soooo sorry for Isaiah the poor boy is left heartbroken.

I love how Ryan & Beth complement each other, she gives him edge and he mellows her out they are just adorable.

I’m so glad that she didn't totally change from Skater girl to homecoming queen her edge and attitude is what draws the reader to her.

I enjoyed this book, I don’t think it has as much edge as the first book in this series but it still drew me in and I couldn't put it down. 4 stars.

0 comments :