Friday 9 January 2015

***My Favorite Series I Read in 2014 Highlight - The Fallen Crest High Series by Tijan - Reread & Review - 5 Stars - You Need To Read These Books***

***Series Highlight***

The Fallen Crest High Series by Tijan
Reread & Review

5 Stars For One Of My Favorite Series Ever

It’s a rare occasion when I read a book more than once, in fact I can literally only think of a few exceptions to this rule. I LOVE Pride & Prejudice it’s a classic and my favourite love story ever!!!  I’ve read that at least 50 times, I will literally get to the end then reopen and start all over again it’s just that good!! And hell the Twilight Saga, it’s sad I know and I’m in my 30’s which makes it even worse but I think it’s a brilliant series and it totally got me into paranormal books.

All that being said when I switched from ibooks to Kindle earlier this year I didn’t move a single book over from one ereader to the other. Until Now!!! My reading schedule has been insane the last few months and I haven’t read a single book for pure pleasure without the thought of a read and review. So I vowed that Christmas and January would be MY reading time and I would attempt to make a dent into my personal TBR list.

I wanted to start with something I knew I would like and my mind instantly went to The Fallen Crest Series. So I did what for me is the unthinkable, I paid for all of the books again so I would have them on my Kindle.

This was the second time I had read this series and I did worry that I wouldn’t enjoy it so much the second time round. I’m an Idiot because just like the first time I absolutely adored it, so much so that I read all 4 books (I’m not counting the alternative version or Masons book) in a day and a bit.

Here are my reread reviews....

Fallen Crest High by Tijan
Fallen Crest High #1
5 Bloody Love This Book Stars

Blurb - Mason and Logan Kade are two brothers who did their own thing. They were rich and expected to attend her school, Fallen Crest Academy. They chose public school and now Samantha has to live with them. The problem is that she doesn't care at all: about them, about her friends, about her cheating boyfriend, or even about her parent's divorce. But maybe that's a good thing. Maybe change is a good thing.

The first time I read this book I devoured it in a couple of hours, I was so desperate to find out what would happen that I missed so many of the quiet nuances that this story provides.

I love the quiet moments when it’s Sam and Mason and the intensity crackles between them. I mean god for teenagers this couple have so much chemistry it almost made me feel rude for being involved. I mean that’s how good this book was, I felt like a voyeur, like I shouldn’t be watching this incredibly intimate and beautifully romantic love at first sight interlude.

This is a high school drama, but there’s nothing juvenile about it. This could easily have been college age or even twenty something’s and the story would have worked. But I love that Sam and Mason are so young it means more years of happiness for them. Because right from the start I think every reader with a romantic soul realised that this was a soul mate, epic love. There will be no break-up, makeup drama Sam & Mason are forever!!

Mason has hardly any dialogue in this book, but he somehow manages to say everything with one intense look. What’s weird is that I can picture that withering glance and this is a book!! Holy Visual Picture batman!! I can see Sam, Mason and Logan clearly in my head their images are so vivid like I’m watching the action play out on TV.

I feel like I shouldn’t like Sam, she’s not exactly likeable. I think she could definitely be construed as sullen and at times a bit petulant. But instead I feel incredibly sorry for her; she’s isolated and detached and right from the start I felt an overwhelming desire for her to be happy.

Analise is terrifying, she’s a total split personality or perhaps multiple personalities might be more apt. But whatever she’s not a nice, happy go lucky earth mother type. Whenever she speaks to Sam I feel like she’s sneering at her.

From first impression Mason, Logan and Nate seem like juvenile delinquents and I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what they are lol!! These boys are entitled, rich brats and I LOVE them. I don’t care that they are only teenagers they all make me swoon in very inappropriate ways lol. The dynamic between the boys is brilliant they work as a unit in an almost soldier like fashion.

I love Mason he is perfect heartthrob materiel, but for me Logan steals the show. He’s cocky and at times slightly manic in an ‘in need of medication’ sort of way. But even as a third wheel he never seems like he’s in the way or an unnecessary extra. Mason may be Logan’s brother, but he behaves like his parent at times.

This is possibly the least romantic, romance I’ve ever read. There are no sweet words or romantic gestures. Sam & Mason are like a magnetic force just being drawn to each other. They have this insane connection; there aren’t any dates or candlelit dinners’ just two broken souls gradually fixing each other.

Even though this is a romance, and Sam & Mason are perfect!!! This book is about family and Sam, Mason and Logan become a family, the Fearsome Threesome (or foursome if Nate is around).  Acceptance for Sam comes in a weird way with the destroying of cars and manipulating Analise but once she’s in, that’s it, she’s family and for Mason and Logan true family comes before anything.

I loved this book the first time and it was even better the second time round.

Fallen Crest High gets 5 Stars from me.


Fallen Crest Family by Tijan
Fallen Crest High #2
5 Never Thought This Series Could Get Better Stars

Blurb - Samantha and Mason are together. Everyone knows it. Not everyone is dealing with it. While Mason’s ready to give them the middle finger, there’s one not going away. Her mother. Threats are issued. Ultimatums are given. Even blackmail is used, but only Samantha can put a stop to Analise. However, when a trauma from her past is triggered, she may not have the courage or strength to do what’s needed. If she doesn’t, Mason’s future could be destroyed.

Fallen Crest Family is the second book in the series and picks up a couple of months after the end of Fallen Crest High.

This second instalment continues with more of the brilliance that was Fallen Crest High, personally I find that sequels can go one of two ways they are either a tragic fail or a brilliant continuation and I’m so pleased that this series just seems to get better and better.

Sam and Mason are so connected in this book, it’s like they literally breathe for each other and on their own they only just survive.

Analise has completely lost the plot in this book, and although her demise into insanity is actually quite funny. There also an undertone of violence throughout the whole book.

Everything feels escalated and more on edge in this instalment, I could feel the tension ramping up and not only was I completely absorbed in the story but I was on the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen.

I also felt bad for Logan, at times the Fearsome Threesome is just the Fearsome Twosome and Mason & Sam go into their own world and forget about Logan. I know that deep down he definitely has feelings for Sam, but I truly think predominately he just loves her because she’s his family.

Why doesn’t James see what a manipulative bitch Analise is??? I mean she’s proper mad as a box of frogs and he’s completely oblivious to it.

I kind of hate David, he just abandons Sam and if he truly cared for her he would have tried harder!! Poor Sam just completely crumbles in this book, and I felt the desolation she felt at being separated from Mason and Logan. To be honest I feel like if it wasn’t for Mason and Logan, Sam would completely fall apart.   

What Mason does is he protects Sam and Logan and at eighteen that he is their protector and salvation is actually quite heartbreaking.

Sam has exceptionally bad taste in friends!!! Adam gives me the chills, there something about him that is downright creepy. I mean he’s a stalker waiting to happen!!!

Mason is stone cold to everyone but his circle of family Sam, Logan and Nate but with those people especially Sam he is warm and supportive. He exudes love and support for Sam and it warmed my heart that at her weakest he only had to touch her to provide her with that endless support and protection.


Fallen Crest Public
Fallen Crest High #3
5 Its Getting Dark In Here Stars

Blurb - Sam's first day at Fallen Crest Public doesn't go well. Some girls want to be her. Some girls want to destroy her. And some just don't like her. All in all, despite being protected by Mason and Logan, it's still only the strong survive. Sam will not only have to survive, she needs to learn how to conquer too, but there's another battle growing. Things are about to come to a disastrous end between the towns, Roussou and Fallen Crest. Sam's other main dilemma? Keeping Mason and Logan from getting arrested or hospitalized. 

Fallen Crest Public is the school from hell, the guys are violent and the girls are evil, vindictive bitches!!!

Sam has found her back bone in this book and I love badass Sam!!! To be honest the girl can only take so much and in the last two books she has definitely been pushed to the limit!!

Fallen Crest Public is a much darker vibe than the previous two books and everything seems much more on edge. As a reader I think we all see the darker side of Mason’s personality. He protects what’s his and when the girls kick off with Sam he justifiably fights back.

This book had me back straight, tense, I had no idea where the next attack would come from and who would end up hurt next. I got so drawn into the drama of this book I read it in a record couple of hours. I had forgotten how this series drags you into the characters world until you are living and breathing Sam, Mason and Logan.

Sam is so much stronger now, she is still very reliant on Mason but she tries to stand on her own and prove that she can handle whatever the world throws at her. I was really hoping that the fearsome foursome would deal with the Tommy P’s before they did anything too bad. So even the second time round I was still shocked by the hatred and pure evilness that they showed in the attack. That whole scene made me shudder, but what I still found so moving was Sam’s inner strength and steely determination.

This whole story feels like a countdown, like time is running out, and for Mason it is. He’s older than Sam and Logan and is leaving for college. Personally I felt the tension building for his departure and making sure that both Logan and Sam would be safe once he was gone.

Although it was obvious that Mason & Logan were the top tier in their school, until this book I didn’t really think about how revered and idolised they were. The guys want to be them and the girls want to be with them. Everyone has an almost unhealthy obsession with them!!! The guys in their group are literally treated like soldiers by Mason; he organizes and strategizes while they all follow orders.

Nate is really the only guy brave enough to break ranks and ignore Mason. I’m not sure if I empathise with Nate or kind of feel betrayed by his step away from his surrogate family.

Its official I have a girl crush on Melinda, she’s amazing she is super mom and everytime she 
appears I get a massive grin on my face. The things that woman says she always gets me laughing.

I feel like I should mention Tate, and this is her mention I really dislike her nuff said lol!!

It’s scary how ruthless Mason is; on the one hand I love how he would do anything to protect Sam and Logan. But on the other is it a bit disconcerting that he will do ANYTHING to protect Sam and Logan. As awful it is to say this, and imagine I’m whispering ... I think it’s incredibly romantic!! He is so consumed by his love for his soul mate and his brother that to him nothing else is important. Mason makes me swoon! He’s far too young to be swooning over but god the guy is perfect!!!

Fallen Crest Public is dark and dangerous and brilliant it gets 5 stars from me.



Fallen Fourth Down
Fallen Crest High #4
5 Brilliant Book, Outstanding Series Stars

Blurb - My mother tried to destroy me. She doesn’t exist to me anymore and my father, the one who raised me and the biological one, are both works in progress. The only two people that I can trust are Mason and Logan, and they’re the two people who I could lose. It won’t happen. I won’t let it. No matter the truth, no matter who loves me, I won’t let anything or anyone come between us. 
They’re my world. They’re my life. 
They’re my family.

I’ve reviewed this book already, and I gave it a glowing review, I loved it. But I treated it as a single book, entirely on its own because I didn’t reread the full series before I read it.

This time round I feel like I got a different perspective by reading all 4 books back to back. So because I can, and I want to I’m going to review it again lol.

I hadn’t really considered that this was the first book where we get a real insight into Mason POV. I know that he gets some chapters in Fallen Crest Public but in this book I felt like he got an almost equal share of the narrator role.

I’m so glad that Tijan did this because it completely humanised him!!! At the end of the third book I feel like he did have the potential to be almost single minded in his protect and save role and beyond that he didn’t have many endearing qualities. I’m gonna be honest and say that it’s possible he was only a few steps away from sociopath.

Now don’t get me wrong because I love Mason!!! But now I feel like I understand him as well. The other books in the series focus on Sam. It’s about her being bullied, or her falling apart, or her dealing with family drama. But Fallen Fourth Down showed us how much pressure was on Mason as well. How he needed someone to stay strong for him and to stand up for him too.

I haven’t talked about Logan in a while but I feel like I need too. Poor, Poor Logan he has been left too and I feel so incredibly sorry for him in this book. He has latched onto Kris knowing that she will fall in love with him and he will get that undiluted love and warmth that he loses when Mason goes to College.

I hate that there is an undertone of Logan being in love with Sam, I mean I think he kind of is but actually more in a desperate need to be loved unconditionally rather than a rip each other’s clothes off way. I’m sure that Sam loves Logan too but again it’s in a brotherly way because regardless of anything else they are family.

For two people who desperately need each other I hate that Sam and Logan lose their connection in this book. I think it will come back in the finale, I hope to god it does because they need each other and they need to look after each other.

I tell you what for teenager’s trouble does seem to follow them around. How they can end up in a war with a powerful fraternity when Mason has only been in college for a few months is beyond me but this book ends with the fearsome foursome standing united and prepared to fight to their family.

This book feels harder than the previous books, like everything is being tested to its limits, and I suppose in a way it is. Sam and Masons connection is being tested by the distance and time apart, but I love that in the end they are as strong as ever. I may be misquoting but Sam says that she ‘could’ have loved Logan but that Mason was the night sky and Logan was the fireworks on the 4th of July.  I just melted at that sentiment, both loves would have been beautiful but fireworks are beautiful but fleeting yet the night sky is constantly awe-inspiring.

I love this series; I think that’s fairly obvious. But I’m so impressed that it kept me so engrossed and entertained when I already knew what was going to happen. As someone that reads an insane amount of books, if I can find a series that keeps my attention and draws me back again and again it must be a fantastic one and I’m going to shout it from the rooftops.

Fallen Fourth Down gets 5 stars from me!!!

0 comments :