Sunday 18 May 2014

Addicted to You - Book #1 in the One Night of Passion Series by Bethany Kane - 3 STARS

Addicted to You By Bethany Kane.
3 Sunny day read stars
Blurb - All it takes is a moment for your life to change—one night of desire to make you feel alive…

Irish film director Rill Pierce fled to the tiny, backwoods town of Vulture’s Canyon, seeking sanctuary and solitude after a devastating tragedy. Once, his raw sex appeal and sultry Irish accent made women across the globe swoon. Now, he’s barely recognizable…
But Katie Hughes, his best friend’s sister, is not the type of woman to give up on a man like Rill. She blazes into Vulture’s Canyon determined to save him from himself. Instead, she finds herself unleashing years of pent-up passion. In a storm of hunger and need, Katie and Rill forget themselves and the world. But will Rill’s insatiable attraction to Katie heal his pain—or will it just feed the darkness within him?
Addicted to You is the first book in the One Night of Passion Series by Bethany Kane.
This is the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it.
The sex in this book is hot as hell and throw in a brooding man aka Rill and I’m a happy bunny.
Ok so the good bits....
·         Katie... I love a good strong female lead character.
·         The town, small town America I loved all of the characters and the feeling of community.
·         The sex!!! Did I mention it was HOT!!
And the not so good bits...
·         The weird Irish accent translations I’m not a fan.
·         No resolution on who Eden was sleeping with. I hate not knowing.
Overall I enjoyed this book, don’t get me wrong it’s not a game changed. It didn’t alter the world as we know it, but I read it in the garden on a lovely sunny day and it was perfect.
As those of you who have read my reviews in the past will know, I like a bit of kink in my books. Addicted to you didn’t disappoint, it has a hint of dom/sub without making it the main story of the book.
I enjoyed Rill and Katie’s interactions, he’s stubborn and she takes no notice lol.
I have to say I have never known a book with such an in detail description of giving a blow job!!! And seriously how many men can get a blow job, come and then be read to go again in 30 seconds!!!!
What annoyed me about this book was the very obvious pregnancy, I think we all knew as soon as they had drunken sex in the first few pages that she was gonna get up the duff. I understand why authors do it but the dodgy accidental pregnancy is a bit of a cliché!!
Everrett when is your story coming because I want to read more, he’s barely in this book but imp definitely intrigued.
This would be a great beach holiday read it’s the perfect amount of sex, romance and happy ending.
 

0 comments :