Friday 23 May 2014

Breakable - Book #2 in the Contours of the Heart Series by Tammara Webber - 4 STARS

Breakable by Tammara Webber
four brilliant loved it stars
Blurb - He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.


As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…
As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.

Breakable is book #2 in the Contours of the Heart Series by Tammara Webber, this is not a really a sequel to the first book Easy but is more of a companion novel that is written in Lucas/Landon’s POV.

Now truth be told I’m not normally a fan of male POV sequels, to me they always feel like a weird rehash of the original story.

However I actually really enjoyed this one.

The good bits....

·         Normally I hate having to wait between books being released, but in this case the length of time between Easy and Breakable was great. I read Breakable as a fresh novel but it was also familiar and like a warm hug lol.

·         Lucas’s journey is heartbreaking but brilliant, I felt every emotion with him,

And the not so good bits...

·         These series of books are so sad that for most of the book I was a little depressed.

Ok so yes this book is a bit of a downer,  but when you are writing about an awful subject matter like rape and murder  and the after effects it has on the people left behinds lives it’s hard to express that in a happy smiley way.

I loved getting young Landon’s back story. One of my main criticisms of Easy was not really relating to Lucas. This book was all about him and what happened to make him the way he is.

The way this book was written is in my opinion was pure genius I now love Lucas. All of his odd behaviour is explained and understandable.

I want to hear more about Wynn, I loved him please can we have his story next.

Overall Breakable was a lovely read, it’s beautifully written and I engaged with Lucas and went through the emotional rollercoaster of his life with him. For Tammara Webber to have completely converted my opinion on a character I previously disliked is amazing (I hold a grudge lol).

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

0 comments :