Friday 9 May 2014

Desire Unchained - Book #2 in the Demonica Seies by Larissa Ione - 3.5 STARS

Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione
3.5 not as good as the first book stars
Blurb - Pleasure is their ultimate weapon . . .

Runa Wagner never meant to fall in love with the sexy stranger who seemed to know her every deepest desire. But she couldn't resist the unbelievable passion that burned between them, a passion that died when she discovered his betrayal and found herself forever changed. Now, determined to make Shade pay for the transformation that haunts her, Runa searches for him, only to be taken prisoner by his darkest enemy.
A Seminus Demon with a love-curse that threatens him with eternal torment, Shade hoped he'd seen the last of Runa and her irresistible charm. But when he wakes up in a dank dungeon chained next to an enraged and mysteriously powerful Runa, he realizes that her effect on him is more dangerous than ever. As their captor casts a spell that bonds them as lifemates, Shade and Runa must fight for their lives and their hearts-or succumb to a madman's evil plans.
Desire Unchained is the 2nd book in the Demonica series by Larissa Ione, as I have only recently discovered this series I’ve read this book straight after finishing book #1 and for me this has worked well. This time round I have not fumbled over the species names, or struggled to understand the dynamics of who’s good and who’s not.
This book focuses around the story of Shade and Runa but like the first book it has beautifully set up the next book which I’m assuming will be Wraiths story.
Ok so the good bits....
·         The love story... it’s a bit sappy but I love that fate brings them together even if it’s in a weird way.
·         Roag a brother back from the dead seeking revenge, just brilliant.
·         This book looks at the world away from the hospital dynamic and gives us a wider view of the demon world.
And the not so good bits....
·         In book #1 the sex was smoking hot and for me in this book there just wasn’t enough of it, and what there was lacked the passion.
·         The weird BDSM vibe, shade does it as he is compelled to help women who need pain to release their issues??? Yet he hates it??? It was just a bit weird for me.
·         I know this is a world of demons but some of the stuff was just a bit to fantastical (ironic I know).
Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed this book and I liked Shade and Runa but something about them left me a bit disappointed I think because he was facing the curse and trying not to love her I didn’t feel that passion and desire that Tayla and Eidolon had.
I loved that this has become an ensemble cast though, there are now loads of characters and we are seeing glimpses of them developing and ultimately I’m assuming they will all have their own books.

I can’t wait for Wraiths book he’s so damaged but you know that though he will fight it when he falls in love he will fall hard.

God Kynan and Gem now they have chemistry and now he’s a dormant fallen angel gotta love this author’s twists and turns.
I think it’s safe to say I’m becoming a tiny bit fangirl about this series I’m gonna compare it to JR Wards brilliant black dagger brotherhood series which I adore both of these authors write in a way that you are pulled into the world and are then desperate for the next book to be pulled in again.

Book #3 here I come I can’t wait!!!

0 comments :