Thursday 8 May 2014

Pleasure Unbound - Book #1 in the Domonica Series by Larissa Ione - 4 STARS

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Four Demon Love story worthy stars
Blurb - In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . .

She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.

Two lovers will dare to risk all.
Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .
Pleasure Unbound is book #1 in the Demonica Series written by Larissa Ione, I stumbled across this series through the recommendation part of the Goodreads website and figured it sounded good and I would give it a go.
I am a recent convertee to supernatural books, in the past I would have said they are not my cup of tea. How wrong I was!!! They are most definitely my thing and to be honest I’m finding myself drawn to them more and more!!.
Pleasure Unbound did not disappoint its dark and complicated but ultimately a love story and I really enjoyed it.
Ok the good bits....
·         The love story, Tayla and Eidolon are drawn to each other against all odds, they are natural enemies but regardless they fall in love and really love conquers all!!
·         Shade & Wraith they are not the main focus in this book but I can’t wait for their stories.
·         The action!!! There was fighting between demons and guardians, demons and demons, guardians and guardians just so much drama it was fab!!
And the not so good bits...
·         It’s an incredibly complicated!!! There are a million different species and trying to remember who is what and what that means is a bit of a nightmare.
·         The book requires a glossary and because of that sometimes the terms are not fully explained and I didn’t want to flick to the front of the book to try and remember which council is what etc!!
All that being said this book is the perfect introduction into the series, its tries to explain whose, who and what’s, what and even though it’s a bit complicated I don’t care!! I was sucked in and I read it straight through in one go I couldn’t put it down.
I love a book that asks more questions than it answers and this one definitely does, book one sets up beautifully for there to be another book and I can’t wait to get stuck into Shades story.
Ok so let’s talk about the SEX!!! OMG Eidolon is a demon who is basically a nympho! and once he gets to 100 years old he becomes a complete sexual predator unless he finds a mate and then he becomes the perfect husband..... Seriously I love this, his spunk is an aphrodisiac lol (honestly this is in the book!!). But the best bit Eidolon’s species are essentially made to please woman (ultimately it’s because his nature wants him to get any woman he comes in contact with pregnant... but who cares!!) He gets really upset that he can’t make Tayla come (this is the moment if you didn’t know you can tell its written by a women lol). The sex is hot and passionately written even if sometimes it feels like it skirts a little too close to the lines on nonconcentual, ultimately its steamy and squirm worthy.
I enjoyed the idea of the aegis the demon hunting cult having to have Tayla (once she’s a demon) having to come in to teach them about demons lol this just tickled me.
This book kinda tips the idea of good and evil on its head and if you look below the demon/demon hunter wars, love etc it actually has a moral running through this story, in fact Eidolon actually says that just because Humans are created good doesn’t mean that they can’t become evil and that just because Demons are created evil doesn’t mean they don’t have the capacity to be good. I like that in fact it’s kind of words to live by...
I really enjoyed this book and I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the next book.

0 comments :