Friday 2 May 2014

Finding You & Finding Me Books 1 & 2 in the Bad Boy Series by S K Hartley

Finding You & Finding Me book 1&2 in the Bad Boys Series by S K Hartley.
 
 Blurb - Finding You....
I am all kinds of broken...

My pain started when I was just ten years old, it was the day my mom got that dreaded phone call. Life has never been the same.

I have known Logan White since forever, he is my brother’s best friend and my secret protector. I used to have nightmares that drew me into a dark place and when the nightmares got too much, Logan was by my side. The nightmares are few and far between now, but my life is centered around the tragedy of my past.

Logan is the definition of 'man whore', with girls lining around the block to drop their panties at the click of his fingers. But after an unexpected moment things change. Now Logan is somebody else; hot, sexy and so damn delicious and I want to know him. Desperately.

But then there is Angel Walker who is far from the angelic nature of his name, with eyes so hypnotic that I lose my inhabitation’s just by staring into them. But he is a broken man who just screams sin. He doesn't want to protect me or care for me, He just wants me.

Do I want the man who can cut through all of my pain or the man who could cause me more?

Three hearts. Two souls. One broken mess.

Blurb – Finding Me.....
The lines are blurred between what is real and what isn't, the darkness that was once a place I feared was now a place of safety. If I stayed in the darkness, the hellish reality of what was truly happening no longer seemed real.

But I was about to be pulled out from under the consuming blanket of dark shadows, and plunged into the murky depths of my past. I was about to be shown my demons and all it's evil sides, all of it's pain and grief. I could only hope I survive it.

What happens when the world you once knew crumbles and falls at your feet?
Who will find me? Who will save me from my demons?
My dark prince or my white knight...
And will I find myself in the process.

 
Ok so I’ve just finished both Finding You and Finding Me by S K Hartley they are book 1 & 2 in the Bad Boy series and as I’ve read them one after each other, and book 2 follows straight on from the end of book 1 I’m going to review them together.

I’ve have very mixed feelings about these books, some bits I enjoyed some bits I hated with a passion.
Normally I start with the bits I like but I want to start with the bits I hated to get them out of the way.

·         Neva!!!!! I hate her, she drove me insane!!! I struggle to find any redeeming qualities in her character. She basically plays two guys against each other, she cheats and she is generally a bit pathetic plus she cries so much I’m surprised she isn’t constantly dehydrated!!!!

·         Again Neva did I mention I really didn’t like her!!!!

·         I appreciate that loosing you father at a young age can have a profound effect on your life but in my opinion all of Neva’s family and friends have enabled her to stay consumed by her grief her entire life!!

·         The whole book is a bit angsty I love a bit of drama as much as the next person but the amount of angst in this book kind of dragged me down.

Ok so main rant out to the way the things I liked about these books....

·         Logan he is the best thing in this book I loved his character and I really connected to him and wanted him to be happy.

·         Tate and Low I can’t wait for their book.

·         The Ace in the pack... Ace I’m hoping he gets his own book he is only briefly mentioned in this book but I already feel very drawn to him and I want to know more about him!!

I struggled with these two books I enjoyed them in the end but I feel like I had to force myself to find the good in them.
I think this stems from the fact that I really didn’t like Neva, I didn’t relate to her and to be honest harsh as it may be I struggle to empathise with her.

I guessed that Angel would end up being related to the man that killed Neva and Tate’s dad it seemed fairly obvious to me. But psycho Jack making a comeback out for revenge and Angel setting it up came completely out of left field for me.

I know in the end we are meant to dislike Angel but I kind of feel like he gets the rough end of the deal (all prior to him taking Neva to his dad) I mean he meets Neva falls for her and the whole time she is lusting after Logan. Neva cheats on Angel with Logan (this is never addressed by any of them WTF!!!) even when she is kissing/having sex with Angel she is fantasizing after Logan.
I don’t know perhaps I’m being a bit harsh on nutty Neva but just cus she has some issues doesn’t give her a free pass to playing two guys!!!

I really feel like Logan deserved someone better more like Low strong and feisty, Neva just allowed her issues to own her and everyone just accepted this...... This is where I have to step back and remind myself it’s just a book lol.
And this is why I’m mixed about this book did I love it.... NO, did I hate it... NO but it did provoke a strong reaction in me and ultimately that’s an incredibly important thing for a book to drag you into the drama and make you feel something.

Overall the lure of Tate and Low will make it so I read the next book so hopefully that won’t be as frustrating as this one.

0 comments :