Monday 26 May 2014

Let Me Love - The invisibles #3 by Michelle Lynn - 4 STARS

Let Me Love by Michelle Lynn

Four emotional but lovely stars
Blurb - A chance encounter. An undeniable connection. An unimaginable twist of fate.

Kailey’s life is crumbling. Her best friend and sister, Jen, is dying, leaving her young family devastated. With little hope of saving her, Kailey is forced to face a reality she never expected.

Trey’s life is fun and carefree. He loves the girls, his drums, and his friends. That’s not to say he isn’t continuously plagued by a difficult decision made years ago—one that changed the course of his life.

Despite the connection they make when their paths unexpectedly cross, Kailey knows her life has no room for anyone else right now. But regardless of how many times she pushes him away, Trey only fights harder to make a place for him in her life and in her heart.

Trey thought he knew heartbreak, but he had no idea until life gave him a second chance, only to snatch it away just as fast. This time he’s determined to keep his place in the life of the ones he loves.
Is there such a thing as fate? If so, can Kailey and Trey hold on to one another long enough to discover there’s no such thing as a chance encounter?
This is book three in The Invisibles Series by Michelle Lynn.
I’ve read books 1&2 and really enjoyed both of them. Book three is the story of Trey and Kailey and the author did it again I loved it!!
The good bits...
·         Trey has to be my favourite of the invisibles guys so far. He might have tats and piercings and look like a hotty bad boy, but he’s really just a big ole marshmallow.
·         I love the group dynamic in this series of books, they are a band but also friends who are ultimately a family.
And the bad bits.....
·         I struggled with Kailey, she is so backwards and forwards in this book. I understand her reticence to get into a relationship with Trey but it felt like she was stringing him along.
I loved the love story in this book, although Trey knows its love all along he has to drag Kailey kicking and screaming until she realises it too.
Kailey’s sister is slowly dying of cancer and it’s just heartbreaking to die so young and then to leave three small children behind is gut wrenching.
I cried my eyes out on three separate occasions whilst reading this book Michelle Lynn has a way of writing that makes you feel the emotional rollercoaster’s her characters go through.
Christ and then for caden to die too I cried like an idiot.
I have to say I definitely engaged more with Trey than I did with Kailey. He is such a good guy I felt his love for Kailey and for the kids, and I so wanted Kailey to sort herself out and realise what an amazing not to mention sexy as hell (if my imagination is to be believed) guy he is.
The sex is hot in this book and you can definitely feel the connection Trey & Kailey have.
What i liked about this book is that there is no doubt in my mind that Trey and Kailey are meant to be together, it’s refreshing that it’s only difficult circumstances that makes their relationship difficult. But i felt like although Jen dying made Trey, Kailey and the kids a family, they would have been equally as engaging if Jen had survived.
Being honest I was kind of expecting one of the kids to end up being Trey’s daughter that he gave up for adoption.
I enjoyed this book and I love this series, Dex’s story is next and I can’t wait!!!

0 comments :