Sunday 29 June 2014

Chosen Hart by Ann Stewart & Stephanie Nash - DNF!!!

Chosen Hart by Ann Stewart & Stephanie Nash
DNF
Blurb - Elyssa Hart has tried to forget that frightful night during her freshman year of college. Since then it's been hard to let anyone close, which is why she only has one friend near and dear to her heart. Forsaking all others, she lives a silent, lonely existence. That was until she jumped into the next chapter of her life; Sales Executive at the prestigious Salerno Health, Inc.

The moment she met the always calm and collected Alexander James, her life was set on a new path. One moment she's slowly falling in love and the next she's plummeting painfully to the ground with the realization that you don't marry your dirty little secret; you keep her in the closet. That was, until she found out she was not his only kept secret.

Will the enigma of Mr. James be more than Elyssa can handle? Or will she choose him, like she promised she always would.
Chosen Hart is book #1 in the Hart Series and the first book I’ve read by this author.
Ok I’ve made it 50% of the way through this book and I can’t stand reading another word.
Sorry but this is a big fat DID NOT FINISH!!!
I tried really hard to get into this book but I just can’t get into it. I don’t like the characters and the story is incredibly frustrating.
Elyssa & Alex are behaving like teenagers, the jealousy is bizarre and Alex seems like a bit of a psycho. Elyssa is a doormat and there’s some really weird stuff going on with her BFF Cole.
I know I should finish it, I hate not finishing a book but I have so many books that I’m dying to read that I just can’t see why I would carry on reading a book I’m not enjoying out of principle.

0 comments :