Wednesday 4 June 2014

Storm - Book #1 in the Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer - 4 STARS!

 


           Storm by Brigid Kemmerer



Four Super Supernatural Stars
Blurb - Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she
doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.
And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.
Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.
Storm is book #1 in the Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer.
I’ve only recently got into supernatural novels and I have to say I loved that this is a new idea, Sometimes vampires and demons get a bit old lol.
The good bits...
·         The Merrick brothers (swoon) hottie supernatural’s yes please!!
·         Becca, a closet fifth element defiantly better than just the tag along girl.
·         There’s more than one book can’t wait to start the next.
And the not so good bits....
·         Becca’s dad did try to kill her twice, that’s a bit harsh.
·         Poor Becca’s she almost gets raped twice!
I loved this new twist on a supernatural romance; the idea of people evoking the elements is genius.
Becca, Chris & Hunter who doesn’t love a good love triangle. Though so far I’m totally team Chris!!
This is a YA book which I’m not usually a fan of but this book didn’t need loads of sex thrown in, in fact I think it would have been bizarre had they snuck off to get a bit frisky lol.
Poor Becca this girl does not have any luck, but I feel like she needed all of the bad things to happen so the author could show her characters progression and growth.
I can’t wait to find out how the stories are going to pan out for the rest of the Merrick boys
This book had tension, and I loved the feeling of being on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.
I’m intrigued to find out where all these teenagers are getting guns from!! It seems they live in a nice neighbourhood so the ghetto style guns being pulled from the back of their trousers was a bit much!!
Nick is totally gonna fall for Quinn; I’m not sure how I feel about her though she seems a bit vapid.
Now this book is based at high school and the majority of characters are teens or early twenties. I liked that this book felt age appropriate and yet as an adult I still liked it. It didn’t feel too immature like an after school special.
I was pulled into the action and absorbed into a world where everyone is drawn to one of the elements but most people have no idea, any book that makes you think god that could be real gets serious kudos from me.
This book definitely had an ‘I am number five’ vibe to it but again I enjoyed that film so hell what did I expect.
I can’t find much to criticize about this book; it is what it is a cute supernatural teen drama and hell that works for me. I loved how Storm ended and I can’t wait to get started on the next book.

0 comments :