Friday 13 June 2014

Sweet Vibrations - Book #1 in the Tygers Series by Melinda Barron - 3 STARS

Sweet Vibrations by Melinda Barron
 
Three kinky but not much substance stars
Blurb - Lucy Travers needs a Dom, but submission takes trust. After a failed marriage, trust is the one thing Lucy most lacks. When her uncle dies, leaving her everything, she has a chance at a fresh start, but first she has to sell a dream motorcycle to pay off her ex-husband's debts.
Physical therapist and Dominant Lake Ross wants the motorcycle. That is until he meets its owner. Then he wants Lucy, and it's going to take more than a few turn-downs to keep him away.
A date at Tygers, a BDSM club, turns hot, and Lake reintroduces Lucy to pleasures of submission. It's a sweet ride, until secrets come to light, then it just may cost them their lives.

Sweet Vibrations is book #1 in the Tygers series and although it was published way back in 2007 it’s been sitting in my TBR pile for ages so I decided to give it a go.
First impressions what a little kinkfest lol.
The good bits...
·         There’s a lot of kink in this book.
·         I love Lucy she’s a badass sub who rides a Harley.
·         Lake is just the right amount Dom.
The Bad bits...
·         I didn’t really take this book very seriously I found it a bit silly.
·         The whole key that leads to a treasure hunt thing was a bit daft.
This is only a short book so the author has crammed a lot of story into not many words; this is the reason that I’m not a fan of novellas. We never really get a chance to engage with the characters or their relationship because everything is compressed.
Lucy & Lake go from being strangers to living together and engaged in about two weeks which is just ridiculous!!!
I didn’t really feel any connection between Lucy & Lake, the kink was all very kinky but there was no real spark.
I liked Eric and I understand that the second book in the series is about him so I think I might be tempted to give that a read.
The weird story about Lucy’s uncle finding out his boss is running drugs came out of left field for me, I thought the key idea was cute, but when her uncle’s friend started killing everyone it got a bit daft for me.
This book was just ok for me, I wasn’t squirming in my seat but I wasn’t bored to death either, I think the post Fifty Shades of Grey kink influx has left me a bit spoilt when it comes to this genre.

0 comments :