Wednesday 25 June 2014

Throttle Me - Book #1 Men of Inked Series by Chelle Bliss - 3.5 STARS

Throttle Me by Chelle Bliss
 
Three & a half just for City Stars
Blurb - Suzy’s a control freak and has her life mapped out - work hard, find a man with a stable job, and live happily ever after. She’s content with the status quo, but her plan comes to a screeching halt when he enters her life and turns it upside down.

City gave up on love when his heart was crushed in college, preferring to be the typical bachelor. He spends his nights hopping from one bed to another and his days working at his family tattoo shop, Inked. A chance encounter on a dark road makes him question what he had sworn off forever – a relationship.

A night of passion and lust causes them to question everything. Is City the knight in shining armour to the damsel in distress? Can their relationship survive when a fantasy falls apart and a secret comes out that changes everything?
Throttle Me is the first book in the Men of Inked Series and the first book I have read by this author.
I liked this book and seriously a badass bike riding, tattooed alpha what’s not to like.
Ok so the good bits...
·         City he’s gorgeous, kind, family oriented and happy to make all of your fantasies come true!!!
·         All of the Gallo family, they are a big Italian family who love and support each other.
·         Sophia & Kayden they seem like the perfect couple.
And the not so good bits...
·         Suzy, I just didn’t engage with her.
·         The sex was a bit lacklustre for me.
Ok so I liked this book but there a few issues with it for me...
Now I loved City he was brilliant a sexy guy who is covered in tats and is a tattoo artist. He rides a Harley and is a bit of a badass, but underneath it all he’s a caring family man who’s a bit of a marshmallow.
I loved the idea of him fulfilling Suzy’s fantasies and the whole idea of being kidnapped and owned is titivating and a bit squirm worthy.
Unfortunately this book doesn’t follow through on its sexual promises. The build up and foreplay is hot but then the sex scenes seem to go wahh wah waaa.
City has a dirty mouth and his is alpha and kinky enough to be a bit of a wet dream lol!!
Now I’m sorry but I just didn’t like Suzy she’s constantly hot and cold with City and to be honest in real life he would have dumped her ass!!! I kind of understand that she’s trying to find the guy who lives up to her parent’s expectations but seriously City is Ahmaaazing!!!
I loved the family oriented feel in this book; I have always enjoyed books that have a large group of characters and the potential for more books.
I liked City & Suzy together especially as he took control and told her to stop being an idiot.
After Suzy was attacked I liked that we got to see City’s caring side but to be honest I would have preferred to read the kidnap fantasy play out lol.
Overall I liked this book but for me it could have pushed the boundaries a bit more and been seriously sexy. Don’t get me wrong it was still a good read and I will still be continuing on with the series.

0 comments :