Sunday 27 July 2014

Consequences by Aleatha Romig - Consequences #1 - 4.5 Stars

Consequences by Aleatha Romig
 
4.5 I Hate Myself Stars
Blurb - Every action has consequences.

Waking in an unfamiliar bedroom in a luxurious mansion, Claire Nichols is terrified to discover that a chance encounter led her into the cruel hands of her abductor, Anthony Rawlings. Claire has no understanding of why she’s there, but it’s been made abundantly clear—she is now his acquisition and every action has consequences.

Learn the rules to survive.

Facing incomprehensible circumstances, Claire must learn to survive her new reality—every aspect of her livelihood depends upon the tall, dark-eyed tycoon who is a true master of deception. Driven by unknown demons, he has no tolerance for imperfection, in any aspect of his life, including his recent acquisition. Anthony may appear to the world as a handsome, benevolent businessman, but in reality Claire knows firsthand that he’s a menacing, controlling captor with very strict rules: do as you’re told, public failure is not an option, and appearances are of the utmost importance.

Captivate the captor.

To fit together the pieces of the puzzle, Claire must follow his rules. Will her plan work, or will Anthony become enthralled by Claire’s beauty, resilience, and determination, changing the game forever? If that happens, will either of them survive the consequences?
Ok well its 3.36am and I just finished reading Consequences the first book in the Consequences Series by Aleatha Romig.
God I don’t even really know what to say. I feel a bit dirty, a tiny bit like my soul has been polluted.
This is a horrible book, there’s really no other way of describing it. It’s cruel and barbaric and generally made me feel uncomfortable.
This story is a bit like a car accident; it’s awful and in some cases tragic but you still feel the urge to have a look when you drive past. Consequences is a literary car accident, I hated it but still felt compelled to read it!!
I have to say I’m not a massive fan of mind fuck books. I personally prefer a nice happily ever after. But today I just fancied something a bit darker and having seen many, many recommendations for Consequences I decided to give it a go.
I usually avoid looking at the reviews for books, as a blogger I completely understand what floats one person’s boat won’t work for the next, so I tend to look at the overall goodreads score. However the first review on goodreads for consequences caught my eye and I’m soo glad that I read it.
It was basically a warning label advising that this book is not what is appears to be!!!
For anyone out there considering reading this book be warned this is not an erotic romance!!
This book is a dark twisted tale of domination and abuse. It’s not for the faint hearted and at times it was all a bit much for me.
Anthony Rawlings is a sick, sadistic son of a bitch who needs a massive kick in the balls!!!
I honestly could not name one redeeming quality in his character!! All of his actions and behaviour is premeditated even the nice things!!
I felt so sorry for Claire but I also really wanted to shake her, she had sooo many chances to escape!!!
I get the whole Stockholm syndrome thing but she actually said yes I mean WTF!!!!!
There is nothing erotic or sexy about this book in fact it reads a bit like the checklist for domestic abuse!!
I knew something was coming but I was not at all expecting the ending.
I really hated this book but I also kinda loved it. I really shouldn’t but I just couldn’t put it down hence the finish time of silly o’clock in the morning.
This book bewitched me and compelled me to read to the end. I don’t want to but I know I’m going straight onto the second book now!
I should give this book 1 star its horrible but I’m not, it’s getting a stomach churning 4.5 stars although I do hate myself for admitting I enjoyed it L

0 comments :