Sunday 27 July 2014

Truth by Aleatha Romig - Consequences #2 - 4 Stars!!

Truth by Aleatha Romig
 
Four grrrrr Stars
Blurb - Claire Nichols endured the CONSEQUENCES of Anthony Rawlings’ vendetta.

When she first arrived to his home, her goal was survival. Through strength and compartmentalization Claire captivated her captor. Her resilience in the face of his rule threatened Anthony’s well developed plan. He thought he taught her to behave-but domination became desire and Claire taught Tony to love.

Their passion and adoration in a world of opulence appeared perfect, yet the reality was a roller coaster of emotion. Claire’s world teetered on the edge of sanity as Antony monitored her every move. When given the opportunity to flee, Claire drove away—a fateful decision which began a well laid plan.

Unbeknownst to either of them, there were others who saw past the perfect facade of Anthony Rawlings. There were others who saw the TRUTH. Conspiracy and unfulfilled promises result in an early prison release for Claire. Not just a release—a pardon. According to the law, her crime never happened!

Will it be that easy? Faced with freedom from her past—can Claire seize it? Can she build a new life, mend her broken spirit, become the woman she once was, and seek her own revenge? Or is it all a game? And does the game master have different plans?
How does Sophia Burke fit into the puzzle that is Tony and Claire? Will her presence affect the future of this well esteemed man? Can he dominate twice? Is that his goal?

TRUTH continues the tumultuous saga of CONSEQUENCES, introduces new players, and uncovers more intrigue. Aleatha Romig skilfully weaves past transgressions through current deception to create a fervent world of obsessed desire. In this reality can an all-consuming relationship survive?

When buried sins are discovered they threaten not only Tony and Claire’s future—but their very lives! Will the TRUTH be revealed in time?
Truth is book #2 in the consequences series, the first book provoked a very strong reaction from me and to be honest I kind hated it!! I also kinda loved it which is why I feel slightly coerced into reading this next book in the series.
Truth is nowhere near as disturbing as the previous book and although having read it I still feel a bit perturbed I don’t hate myself anymore!!
This book makes me want to scream WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!
Claire finds a bit of backbone at the start of this book and the chess game that is Claire & Tony was brilliant.
I really liked the idea of Claire getting her revenge on Anthony; I mean hell the bloke deserves to get his comeuppance!!!!
I have really struggled with Claire & Anthony’s relationship; I really don’t understand it at all.
After everything Anthony has done to Claire I just can’t understand how she would even consider being in a relationship with him again.
This book has a cat and mouse feel to it, I think we all know there is no way that Claire can win against Anthony but I for one was willing her to kick his ass.
I really enjoyed the intrigue in this book and I did get completely sucked in.
This book is not as dark and twisted as Consequences and there is none of the rape and abuse scenes.
Personally I don’t feel like Claire’s feelings for Anthony are real, I think that they are a direct result of the kidnap; abuse and brainwashing that Anthony has made Claire endure.
Again I shouldn’t have enjoyed this book when I find the male lead so repulsive; I don’t want Anthony and Claire to end up together I want him to end up in jail for KIDNAPPING AND RAPE!!!!
I don’t understand why Claire is prepared to overlook these awful things that Anthony did to her.
I feel like this book was as much of a mind fuck for the reader as it was for Claire, I wonder how many readers thought it was lovely that Claire & Anthony are working it out????
Please don’t even get me started on the BABY issue!!! Someone with the serious psychological issues that Anthony has should not be allowed to be in a Childs life. I mean got how long till Claire pisses him off and ends up having another ‘accident’
My favourite people in this book are Emily & John, Claire’s sister and brother in law their reaction was just like mine WTF!!!
Claire frustrated the hell out of me I mean when she admitted that she missed the dominance that’s called conditioning love!! It’s common in victims of serious physical and emotional abuse to be convinced to love and crave what you would normally hate!!!
This book has really pulled a strong reaction from me and even if its disbelief and frustration I still think that this series will be one that I remember and talk about with others.
Again I felt compelled to read this book and I have the third book all ready to go too. Aleatha Romig has done her job and sucked a seriously unwilling and cynical reader into her world and made me enjoy a book that I should really hate 4 stars!

0 comments :