Tuesday 22 July 2014

Hook Me by Chelle Bliss - Men of Inked #2 - 4 Stars!

Hook Me by Chelle Bliss
 
Four Marry me Michael Stars!
Blurb - Michael Gallo found his calling in life – he wants to kick ass. He works at Inked as a piercer, but spends his mornings training and dreaming of winning an UFC championship. Michael is the road to achieving his goal when a chance encounter alters his world forever. The title is no longer enough – he must capture the woman of his dreams.

Dr. Mia Greco is dedicated to saving lives and helping those less fortunate. She doesn’t have time to meet Mr. Right with her busy schedule. She buries herself in her work and helping humanity. Fate steps in and sweeps the carpet out from under her. She tries to deny the pull to him, a man that uses his fists for gain, but the universe won’t let her walk away so easy and Michael isn’t one to take no for an answer.

He has a secret that may rip them apart. There are forces bigger than them at work; drawing them in and making their worlds collide – not letting either one of them walk away.
Hook Me is book #2 in The Men of Inked Series, I read and really enjoyed book #1 Throttle Me and you can have a look at my full review Here.
Ok so the good bits...
·         Michael OMG yes please!!!!
·         Mia I like her, she’s a bit sassy.
·         The Gallo’s I love them!!
And the not so good bits...
·         Tammy is proper scary!!
Ok so I’m going to start off by saying can we all just take a minute to stare at the cover for this book, I mean to be honest I feel like it kinda needs a round of applause, here’s to the incredibly sexy guy on the front!!!!
Now back to the good stuff I loved this book it has all of the essentials needed for a good romance. Hot guy...  check, Strong sassy girl...  check, kickass family...  check, bit of drama...  check, hot sex...  double check!!!
I liked Mia she’s a cool character; she’s a doctor with her moral compass pointing in the right direction and hell she’s a bit of a sex kitten under those ugly scrubs lol.
Michael now this is where it starts to get really good, if Michael was real I honestly feel like I would just melt in a puddle at his feet. I love that he’s a big sexy guy who’s also a gentleman and wants to look after and protect the women in his life. He has a bit of alpha in him without being too much of an asshole and to be honest he is pretty much the perfect guy.
The chemistry between Michael & Mia is smoking hot and the sex scenes had me squirming in my seat (in a good way).
I love the rest of the Gallo family and these characters give the whole book a warm fuzzy supportive family feel.
Crazy Tammy is proper downright CRAZY!!! I kinda loved her it’s rare to see a completely delusional nutter that is reminiscent of the classic bunny boiler, but if Chelle Bliss had taken Tammy’s character a bit further I think dead pets may have been in her future.
I enjoyed Throttle Me but I liked Hook Me even better it may just be Michael and the images in my head ‘I am man see me fight’ (Swoon) that may have Michael topping the Gallo man scales so far lol.
I have to say after reading the sneak peak at book #3 in this series Resist Me Izzy’s story I am counting down the days till it releases I get the feeling that books gonna be explosive.
Overall Hook Me hits all the right romance buttons for a sunny afternoon read, I devoured it in one sitting with a cold beer and it worked for me 4 stars!!

0 comments :