Friday 1 August 2014

Mischief in Miami by Nicole Williams - Great Exploitations #1 - 2 Stars

Mischief in Miami by Nicole Williams
 
Two far too short stars
Blurb - Seduction. Infidelity. Blackmail. Scandal. It can all be bought for the right price and for Sienna Stevens, business is good.

Because she’s in the business of Great Exploitations.

She’s an Eve, a member of a secret society of women contracted by the wives of wealthy, powerful men for one reason and one reason only: to seduce their husbands. To ensure their pre-nuptial agreement will be null and void thanks to a little loophole known as the Infidelity Clause. To ensure that those wives don’t find themselves on the other side of a divorce without a penny to their name.

When it comes to the Eves, Sienna’s one of the best because she follows the number one rule of the Eves to the letter: don’t let it get personal.

When the job file of her wealthiest client yet falls into her lap, Sienna realizes that this case could be the one that’s impossible to detach herself from. The payout would lead to her independence, but will the cost be too high in the end?
Mischief in Miami is the first book in the Great Exploitations Series by Nicole Williams; I read and loved the Lost & Found and Crash Series so I’m always excited to read more books by a great author.
I’m sorry to say that Mischief in Miami just didn’t work for me. I swing backwards and forward about novellas but ultimately they are just not long enough to get really involved in the characters and storyline.
This book is incredibly short!!! We meet an Eve aka Sienna who is employed by women to trap their husbands and catch them whilst they are cheating. This allows the wives to divorce their husbands and negate their prenuptial agreements.
Now this is a brilliant idea and the book should be sensational but I just didn’t get a chance to enjoy it.
For me the enjoyment of a book is getting to know and understand the characters as much as it is the storyline. At the end of this novella I’m literally none the wiser who Eva/Sienna is I mean we don’t even know what her real name is!!
Now please don’t get me wrong I understand why the author has made everything so vague it’s all about intrigue but I’m not really intrigued, I’m just not really that bothered.
Sorry feels like I wasted money and reading time 2 stars from me!

0 comments :