Sunday 10 August 2014

Beautiful Broken Promises by Kimberly Lauren - Broken #3 - 5 Stars!!!!

Beautiful Broken Promises by Kimberly Lauren
 
Five Breathtaking Stars
Blurb - Every day you stay gone I die a thousand more deaths

Lane Parker has secrets he hasn’t even told his closest friends. He may have earned their respect but it’s undeserved. He may seem genuine but he’s a total fraud. He may look strong, but on the inside he’s weak and drowning with no chance of catching his breath any time soon.

After four years, Lane finally gets the call he’s been waiting for. Given back a piece of the life he’s been fighting so hard to reclaim, will he be able to handle everything that comes along with it? And if so, can all of his broken promises be redeemed?

So, I don’t give up and I won’t let them win
I will find you and I will make sure that you know
You’re my everything

Beautiful Broken Promises is book #3 in the Broken series but can be read as a standalone novel.
I really enjoyed the first two books in this series Beautiful Broken Rules & Beautiful Broken Mess but this book takes the whole series to another level.
I liked Lane as the protective friend of Audrey, but holy hell I LOVE him as the tortured sex god, ex cop!!
This book is darker and much more adult than the previous books.
This isn’t a light and fluffy college romance; this is a heartbreaking tale of a father’s relentless search for his child that results in an epic love story.
This storyline was a brilliant surprise for me; I would never have guessed that Lane had a child never mind the fact that she had been kidnapped as a baby!!
This book really kept me on my toes and I loved every twist and turn.
Raegan is an incredibly strong and passionate character and I loved how protective and nurturing she was of the children.
Lane is amazing; his character drew me in from the moment his daughter threw herself into his arms at the police station. I was holding back tears and I’m fairly sure I fell in complete book love with him there and then.
I literally couldn’t put this book down and I devoured it in one go which is why I’m still awake writing this at 1.40am in the morning.
Normally when book couples fall in love in ten seconds flat I roll my eyes and complain about the escalated pace of the book. In this book the fact that Lane & Reagan are together and serious after only a couple of weeks seems to make perfect sense to me!!
I love them as a couple, the way they interact just seems so natural and the constant buzz of sexual chemistry just sizzles below the surface.
Kimberly Lauren has written these two characters so perfectly for one another, the instant love is exactly what wanted for them.
The kids Kate & Braden steal the show, but the most perfect element of this book is the family Vibe.
As a reader I honestly got so absorbed with the story that I felt fate had brought these two families together. I loved how Lane loved and became a parent to Braden almost instantly it didn’t matter that he wasn’t his biological father, when Braden called Lane Daddy I teared up.
The way Lane, Raegan, Kate & Braden Interacted made my heart melt and I actually found myself arrring at the really sweet parts.
This book dragged me into the story and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I loved this book and for me it’s a brilliant 5 stars!!!

0 comments :