Friday 8 August 2014

Convincing Constance by Tabatha Vargo - The Blowhole Boys #3 - 4.5 Stars

Convincing Constance by Tabatha Vargo
 
4.5 Brilliant Stars
Blurb - As the only survivor of a tragic accident, Tony Russell, aka Tiny, is mentally and physically scarred for life. Years later, he finds himself addicted to the gym and prescription drugs. Relationships and sex are the furthest thing from his mind, but when a replacement guitarist steps in for his band Blow Hole, Tony can’t help his physical reaction to her. She’s a spicy rocker with pink highlights and a scorching attitude, and she’s exactly what he needs…regardless of how badly he refuses to believe it.

Constance McClaire knows all about addiction. After growing up with a junky for a mother, she refuses to have anything to do with that life…until she meets the brooding, giant bass player for Blow Hole. He doesn’t take her shit, has sexy tattoos, and very large hands—but he’s clearly an addict and desperately needs help. Getting close to Tony without allowing herself to become emotionally attached is harder than she thought it would be. Addiction is addiction, no matter what it is swimming in your veins, and Constance finds its Tony she can’t get enough of.
Convincing Constance is book #3 in The Blowhole Boys Series, fangirl moment now... I love the Blowhole Boys series and I have been so looking forward to reading this third book.
And I think it official and actually quite easy to say that Tiny is now my favourite Blow Hole Boy!!!
I really can’t say enough how much I love Tiny, he’s absolutely adorable a real gentle giant!!!
To be honest I hadn’t given Tiny a second thought in the previous two books but now I’m not sure how I missed him!!
I love how tortured and dark he is but he still seems like a genuinely lovely bloke as well. Tiny is a real contradiction, from his name to his personality he is both sides of a coin, both light and dark.
As always Tabatha Vargo drags the reader into the world of sex, drugs and rock & Roll. Amazingly she manages to make this sometimes sordid and cruel world seem normal and even the drug use doesn’t feel particularly taboo.
I love Constance she’s fiery and impulsive and she throws her whole self in to everything and everyone she allows to see the real her.
I loved the flow of this book, time passed but it didn’t feel disjointed, you could feel the way the characters developed with age and although the changes were subtle as a reader you could tell that the character had changed.
This book is all about excess, most of the characters either have or have had drug or alcohol addictions or other issues. This story and its predecessors should feel angsty and dark and perhaps a little depressing.
But they don’t!! This book makes me hopeful, time passes and the story never got stagnant I felt that as long as things kept moving that Tiny & Constance would be ok.
I love them as a couple, out of this series Constance is the only female lead who fits into the bands rock & roll world. I love that she is as badass as the guys and although she has been hurt and abused in the past, she can still be a strong women who doesn’t take any crap!!
I love this book, not much else to say, everyone should buy and read the whole series. Roll on Chet’s story I can’t wait!!  but this one gets 4.5 stars from me!!!
 

0 comments :