Friday 1 August 2014

Hold on Tight by Abbi Glines - Sea Breeze #8 - 5 Stars!!!

Hold on Tight by Abbi Glines
 
Five Bloody Brilliant Stars!!
Blurb - Six years ago, Dewayne Falco's life changed. He lost someone he never expected to lose. Resigned to punish himself for something he felt he could have prevented, he goes through life without getting too close to anyone.

What he didn't expect was for the girl across the street to move back home and remind him of what they both lost: Dewayne's younger brother Dustin. However, when a miniature version of Dustin opens the door to greet him, Dewayne realizes he might not have lost everything after all.

Sienna Roy loved Dustin Falco most of her life. He was the boy next door, the high school basketball star and her best friend. But when his life was cut short, she realized he left a part of himself behind.

Now, she's back in Sea Breeze, thankful to have a home for her and Dustin's son, but not sure if she can ever forgive the people across the street who abandoned her when she needed them the most — The Falcos.

Betrayal, lies, and forbidden attraction might end Dewayne and Sienna's story before it's even begun.
Hold on Tight is book #8 in the Sea Breeze Series, I will admit now that I’m a massive Abbi Glines fan and to my knowledge I have read all of her books so far!!!
I’ve had this book sitting on my ereader since it released but I’ve put off reading it, this might sound daft but I know that I will enjoy this book so I have saved it until I needed a good book lol.
Well I’ve read a spate of mediocre books and I needed a guaranteed pick me up so I broke out good ole Abbi Glines and yet again I’m so glad that I did.
As there are 8 books in the series so far here is a series reading order in case you have missed any.
Hold on Tight is Dewayne & Sienna’s book, but to be honest we haven’t really learnt that much about Dewayne in the previous books in the series apart from the fact that he is a bit of a man whore lol.
Can I say it now I LOVE Dewayne, Krit (Bad for You) is my favourite Sea Breeze boy but Dewayne comes a very close second!!!
He comes across all badboy, tatted up with a bit of an attitude but really he’s a hot alpha. He’s protective of his family and friends and is a bit of a letdown in the badboy arena lol.
I love Sienna, all of the female leads in this series are feisty but Sienna has the life experience to back it up.
Mama T & Grandpa Dave were adorable but as good as the romance and everything else was, for me Micha completely stole the show!!!
To say that Dewayne & Sienna had chemistry could literally be the understatement of the year!!!
I loved the enduring passion they had for each other that had spanned for years, I kinda felt like Dustin was a bit of a douche. Even at 14 and 17 I was willing Dewayne & Sienna together.
God is it just me or is hot alpha man saying ‘mine’ about the women he loves just ridiculously sexy. I mean seriously I was just a big ole puddle of mush when he was camping out on the porch!!!
Dewayne has a very dirty mouth and hell that works for me, he oozed sex appeal and the sex scenes did have me squirming in my seat.
I really hope that this isn’t the last book in this series but I fear that it might be although I still think that Green needs his own book too!!!
I absolutely loved this book, its sweet, sexy and had me grinning and swooning at the same time 5 Stars from me!!!

0 comments :