Saturday 20 September 2014

***Review - Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire - Beautiful #3 / Maddox Brothers #1 - 4 Stars***

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire


4 good but not Travis Stars
Blurb - The Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series.

Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn’t have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with a first weekend off in almost a year.

Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 

Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlor to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 

As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she’ll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever—even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.



Beautiful Oblivion is book #1 in the Maddox Brothers Series and book #3 in the Beautiful series.

Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster are two of my favourite books of all time. So as you can imagine I was literally wetting myself with excitement to read this book.

Now I’m going to have to start by saying that Trent is adorable but he’s no Travis so I’m afraid that Trent sits firmly in the #2 Maddox boy spot.

That being said I like Trent a lot he’s sweet and incredibly endearing. I loved that he was thoughtful and sweet and he treated Cami like a princess.

Cami for me didn’t have as much attitude as she did in the first book and I kind of missed her sass.

I have to say I guessed who T.J was right from the start and WTF I would never have suspected that she would end up with him lol.

In the T.J vs. Trent battle I’m totally team Trent.

OMG Olive is flipping adorable I love her!!!

This is an incredibly sweet love story but it doesn’t have that grit that makes the love so much sweeter in the way Beautiful Disaster did, I know I shouldn’t compare the two but I can’t help it.

Cami &  Trenton together are another perfect couple they complement each other and I loved the underlying sexual tension between them.

I’m so glad that there was a hint of Travis & Abby in this book even though it was info from the first book I still love them!!!

I keep having moments in this book where I go god how I could have not noticed Trent & Cami and what was going on between them in Beautiful Disaster but then I have to slap myself to remind me that this is a book not real life lol.

What I will say is that Jamie McGuire is a genius I feel completely absorbed into the Maddox’s world, I feel like I know the characters.

This book definitely needed a better epilogue though I don’t feel like I got enough resolution that they are going to be ok. Id also love to read this from Trenton’s POV (Jamie McGuire can we have this next please)

I really enjoyed this story and I can’t wait for the next brother’s story to be told 4 stars.

0 comments :