Wednesday 1 October 2014

***Review - Possess by Laura Marie Altom - Shame #2 - 5 Stars!!!***

Possess by Laura Marie Altom


5 Absolutely Brilliant Stars
Blurb - Ella Patton and Liam Stone return in Laura Marie Altom’s Possess—the breathtaking conclusion to the steamy, contentious love affair that began in Control.






Possess is book #2 in the Shame series I LOVED book #1 Control here is a link to my review, I literally harassed Laura Marie Altom until she arranged for me to get an ARC of Possess so here is my honest review....

Ok so Possess kicked off right where Control finishes and within 30 seconds I was completely back into Ella and Liam’s world. This is the type of book that makes you lose hours on end, trust me when I say your dinner will burn and your husband will complain because you won’t be able to put this book down until it’s finished!!!

In the first book Ella/Julie was broken down and defeated but trying to regain her life and to find her inner strength. Well Possess has given her a new sense of purpose her character feels stronger, I imagined her walking taller and holding her head high. I love Ella she has depth and even though her life with Blaine was hell on earth she hasn’t lost her heart or her ability to love.

Liam, Liam, Liam in places in this book I really wanted to slap him!!! At times he was selfish and immature but then he kicked into alpha male mode and god he was seriously sexy. Liam was absolutely obsessed with Ella, its borderline unhealthy but somehow it managed to be beautiful and consuming and idyllic.

We never met Blaine in the first book but just Ella’s retelling of her life with him and the abuse and torture she endured was chilling and he came across as an absolute psycho. Well in Possess we meet him and I’ve got to admit he genuinely scared the crap out of me. Blaine is the pure evil that lurks behind respectability, everyone likes him, he’s a charmer and he honestly gave me goosebumps (like when you see the evil killer pop up in a horror film).

I fully expected Blaine to make his grand entrance in this book so I spent the entire book on tenterhooks. This book kind of stressed me out, I knew something was going to happen and I was just cringing waiting for it.

I don’t want to add any spoilers so I’m going to be vague and say that Blaine is scary clever and manipulative, what he does to Ella is truly horrifying. I honestly felt whilst reading it that it was almost worse than physical abuse. The way he manipulates Ella and her family is just psychological torture and how he makes her question herself was devastating.

We learn more about the way Blaine treated Ella in this book and although I know they are fictional characters I felt for Ella like she was a real person!! 

I loved knight in shining armour Liam when he rescued Ella I swooned!!

I had assumed that this would be the last book but listed at the back of this book are two more books!!! Laura Marie Altom I need them pretty please!!!


This book grabbed hold of me and refused to let go, I lived Ella and Liam’s life, I felt the pain and loss and love. I loved the first book but amazingly this book was better an easy 5 stars from me.

0 comments :