Sunday 4 May 2014

Losing It - Book 1 in the 'Losing It' Series by Cora Carmack

 
         
Losing it – Book 1 in the ‘Losing It’ series by Cora Carmack.

Blurb - Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
Ok so I’ve just finished Losing It by Cora Carmack its book 1 in the Losing It series and it’s cute!
I know that to say a book is cute perhaps could be construed as an insult but trust me in this case it’s not. This book is cute and fluffy and generally good times lol.
Don’t get me wrong I love a good angsty drama filled page turner but sometimes it’s nice to read something that just happy.
Ok so the good things about this book....
·         It’s funny in a slapstick someone falls over so you laugh way.
·         None of the characters take themselves too seriously its light hearted and normal.
·         The way English people are portrayed in books written by Americans lol I’m British and we definitely don’t all say love in a Mary poppins cockney accent lol.
And the not so great bits.
·         It’s not impossible for someone in their twenties to be a virgin but it is unlikely and then to race out and attempt to shag the first guy that shows an interest is just a bit nasty (sorry just my opinion)
·         Cade I kind of wanted to hit him not entirely sure why but not a fan.
This book is not going to change your life but who cares not all books need to be deep and meaningful, I liked this book, I liked Bliss and Garrick the teacher/student thing wasn’t too sordid and there was no ick factor as the characters were close in age.
The best thing about this book for me was the authors humour, it was silly funny and that’s not an easy thing for write. In some of the scenes I cringed for Bliss on how embarrassing they were!!! This book reminded me a bit of ‘Bridget Jones Diary’.
The book was also real, sex is awkward and especially when you are an inexperienced virgin. I liked that fact that the sex wasn’t ‘Hollywooded’ and the nerves and irrational fears (will I be ok? will I like it??) weren’t glossed over.
There are currently two other books in this series that have been published and I will defiantly be reading them when I’m looking for a happy sunny day read.
 

0 comments :